Senior Analyst, Financial Accounting, GL
Howmet is looking for a Senior Analyst to support its General Ledger area:
- Performs the general accounting functions and month end closing process for complex operating locations, serves as the primary point of contact for company’s operating locations. Works with Locations to meet with company KPIs, 6 PM period closing deadline.
- Uses company accounting, control and reporting systems (Oracle, RST, ASP, etc.).
- Applies user manuals, SOP-s, procedures issued and used by SSC in the daily work and during the month end closing.
- Process transactions initiated by Locations, performs associated controls and reconciliations on daily basis.
- Conducts pre / post-closing / reconciliation related conference calls with locations as required.
- Owns the monthly closing check-list process: monitors tasks throughout the month, reviews and updates the list timely. Escalates any error, issue, deficiency to the Supervisor/Manager.
- Solves problems to root cause to prevent recurrence.
- Provides reports, data analysis, explanations as per requests in timely manner.
- Performs any occasional and regular task in relation to the accounting.
- Settlements of the problems with locations, asks for help if problem solving is beyond him/her.
- Maintains regular contact with customers of the FSS.
- Performs transactions related to business acquisition and/or divestiture.
- Ensures accounting is performed according to the department's defined standards and the work is completed by defined deadlines. Any issues with the work or schedule are escalated to the Supervisor/Manager in a prompt manner.
- Maintains active and frequent communication with location accounting representatives and business unit personnel and regularly shares this information with team members and manager.
- Works with BU / location contacts continuously in order to identify areas of improvement and value creation in all service areas.
- Acts as an expert resource for location personnel in answering questions and providing direction on areas of accounting.
Education, experience and skills:Basic:
- Degree in finance or accounting obtained at a college or university OR a chartered accountant certification.
- 3 years of experience gained in finance (preferably in GL Accounting).
- Advanced English language command.
- ERP system knowledge (preferably General Ledger).
- Good problem solving and communication ability.
- Oracle skills, experience in subledgers, such as AR, AP, FAPA, etc.
- Accuracy and correctness.
- Good analytical skill.
- Knowledge of Chart of Accounts and Financial Management Handbook.
- Additional language knowledge.
We Will Appreciate Your Services By Providing:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Possibility to work from home.
- Friendly environment with a lot of company sponsored social activity.
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously.
- Challenging duties in truly International environment.